February 4, 2010

Pesto Brothers Tastecasting: Course 2- Duck Ravioli and AZ Stronghold Mangus red wine

Course two at the wine dinner moves on to Pesto Brothers' seared duck ravioli with walnut herb pesto and shaved manchego paired with Arizona Stronghold's Mangus.
Appropriately so, the pesto is so delicious. Deep, earthy, rich yet not too heavy to hide the flavors of the cheese and ravioli. I don't know that I would have tried this off the menu randomly if not part of this event but I would have lost out. This is an item I'd order again for sure.
The Mangus is rich, deep almost chocolatey in smoothness. I've not tasted a red wine I like this much before. It could be the pairing. I'm willing to try it again alone to make sure. The flavor says try me with spaghetti or a calzone.
Next up...the main course....

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

0 comments:

Post a Comment